This morning Fox Searchlight via Tumblr released this magnificent still of Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock. His makeup was done by the award winning make up artist Howard Berger (Sin City, Chronicles Of Narnia) whose also currently working on Oz: The Great and Powerful directed by Sam Raimi. This is some stellar work by Howard and should…should, receive an Oscar nod when the time comes. The film directed by Sacha Gervasi (The Terminal, Henry’s Crime) stars Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Biel, Hellen Mirren, Toni Collette, Danny Houston and the extraordinary and incomparable Michael Wincott (The Crow, Basquiat) as the real life serial killer Ed Gein (who incidentally was the inspiration for Norman Bates in Psycho, Hannibal Lecter, and Leather face ). I’m very curious how his role plays into the whole story.
- You’ll Never Guess Who This Academy Award Winning Alfred Hitchcock Lookalike Is [Alfred Hitchcock] (gawker.com)
- First Look At Anthony Hopkins As Alfred Hitchcock (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- First Look at Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock in HITCHCOCK (collider.com)
- FIRST IMAGE: Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock (insidemovies.ew.com)
- First Look at Anthony Hopkins in Character as Hitchcock (dreadcentral.com)