As we grow as a human race (I use that term very lightly), we are constantly redefining sex through music and with each generation, we seem to be getting closer to the heart of the matter. FKA twigs (affectionately named for the way her bones cracked?) is giving sexiness the much needed makeover it deserves (you fucking hear that Miley?). FKA twigs, hails from Gloucestershire, UK and is lending some soultryness to the already sexy genre of witchhouse, two step, pitch-down, trap music that groups such as Balam Acab, How to Dress Well , James Blake and Active Child , have made great careers at. Sounding a bit like Lykki Li or Kate Boy, FKA twigs is clearly carving an original path with Papi Pacify, the second release off her four track 2013 EP. One taste of this video will be all you need to get you there. Sex has a new face.
- FKA Twigs – Papi Pacify (ohyouareill.wordpress.com)
- FKA twigs – “Papi Pacify” Video (stereogum.com)
- FKA Twigs – Papi Pacify (betweentwospeakers.com)
- FKA Twigs – Papi Pacify (therefugiaxo.wordpress.com)
- Video: FKA Twigs, “Papi Pacify” (thefader.com)