I think I might’ve liked this video or videos, better if it wasn’t such an exercise in endurance. The song Happy which was featured in the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack, is a Motown ditty that sounds like something written by Raphael Saadiq, but it’s not, proving again that Pharrell is a master at imitation. That being said, it’s a good song, but even on the first run of this song it was repetitive so about a minute into this four hour video, I was done. I will say this, the song is in my fucking head now. Directed by the We Are From L.A. group, the video features cameos from Jamie Fox, Steve Carrell, Tyler, the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, Jimmy Kimmel, and Magic Johnson…none of whom I saw in the video, but they’re probably strategically placed within this four hour long “test of patience”, so you’d have something to look forward to. Guess what? I can’t do it.
I don’t know. After several years I still can’t decide whether I like this guy or not.
Below I posted the four hour video, but if you’re feeling frisky you can catch the actual 24 hour video HERE
- How Pharrell And A Cast Of Hundreds Got Happy For A 24-Hour Interactive Video (fastcocreate.com)
- Pharrell – “Happy” 24-Hour Music Video (stereogum.com)
- Pharrell – Happy (Video) (getmybuzzup.com)
- The world’s first 24-hour music video for ‘Happy’ by Pharrell (littlehedonist.com)
- Pharrell Williams Releases 24-Hour Music Video For “Happy” (allhiphop.com)
- Pharrell Williams “24 Hours of Happy” music video (joindahunt.com)
- Pharrell Williams’ ‘Happy’ Music Video Runs for 24 Hours (theloveoftech.wordpress.com)