When I hear or read about things like this, I always think about that line from Jurassic Park, when the parks creator John Hammond says “Spared no expense”. If this full 1:1 scale model of The Millennium Falcon is any sign of J.J. Abrams dedication to these movies, I’d say he’s in it to win it. According to Geek Tyrant, the rumors that J.J. was going full scale with the MF (yeah, just realized that too), were floating around for awhile, but according to YAHOO, this is happening/happened.
My only guess as to why they’d go through with such a project, is that they have enormous plans for the ship, which probably includes it’s installation at the Star Wars theme park at Disney. You can quote me on that shit!
“A full-scale 1:1 Millennium Falcon has been built as well as the interiors of the ship for filming. The Falcon is done – inside and out. The sets were built off-site, ready to move when Lucasfilm/Bad Robot were ready to move into Pinewood.”
Well, at least now Star Wars fans have their Mecca and now know that a pilgrimage will and must be made by the true followers.
- Millennium Falcon spacecraft built for Star Wars: Episode VII (theguardian.com)
- Full-sized Millennium Falcon already built for Star Wars VII? (geeknative.com)
- Full Scale Millennium Falcon Completed for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII! (geektyrant.com)
- STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon Has Reportedly Been Built Already (comicbookmovie.com)
- Full scale Millenium Falcon and a new planet ready for Star Wars (techandle.com)